Let’s face it, most traditional advertising doesn’t come cheap. So how can you make sure you get value for your money?
Here’s a few tips:
- Know who you are marketing to and where you will find them – what publications do they read? Where do they shop? What TV shows do they watch?
- Follow the AIDA formula – Attention, Interest, Desire, Action… that’s what you’re trying to create in your ads.
- Know the purpose of your ad. Do you want to educate people about your product/service, sell products, attract people to your website? Know what the aim is before you design your ad.
- Your headline should include your main selling point.
- Where possible, include your USP – Unique Selling Point; what is it that makes you different from your competitors?
- Sell the BENEFITS of your products/services, not the FEATURES.
- Make it easy for people to respond to your ad – include clear contact information.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to creating advertisements that sell.