If you’re using WordPress.org to power your web site, membership site or blog then adding a form is quite easy – whether that’s a simple ‘Contact Us’ form or a comprehensive survey or questionnaire.
There are many plug-ins available to simplify this but my favourite is the Contact Form 7 plug-in.
To use this plug-in, install and activate it as follows:
- Log in to your WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Go to Plug-ins > Add New
- In the ‘Search’ field, enter Contact Form 7
- When the results show, click on ‘Install’ next to the Contact Form 7 plug-in
- Once the plug-in is installed, click the ‘Activate’ link
- Now you’re ready to go to the plug-in’s ‘Setting’ page to configure the form to your requirements
By default, data submitted by these forms will be forwarded to the email address that is in your blog settings. However you can nominate a different address(es) in the plug-in’s settings.